Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New York and More

So my recent trip to the Big Apple was a success. I ate, shop, saw, and was creeped out but I crave more. I want to go back to try out the other places on my list to eat and visit the other kinds of neighbourhoods. I hope to do that soon too!

Meanwhile I did go to Yakitori Taisho which was a must on my list to go and I was not dissappointed.



Moro Q: Cumcumber with miso paste.
Very resfreshing and they pitted the seeds which was unexpected!



Takoyaki (Octupus balls) So cute looking and tasted so yummy! I like the dried fish on top too!



My Takana Tonkotsu Ramen with pickeled takana, tonkotsu slices, pink ginger, green onions and sesame seeds.
I really love this bowl of ramen! It was a shame I was getting full and couldn't finish the bowl! I know, it was a shock to me too! The broth was sooo good, a bit salty but I can handle that, but I wish there was more pork slices in there =) and maybe even half boiled egg. hehe




My skewers: From the left chicken liver, squid legs, gizzards and chicken skin. It was all good but I just wish the chicken skin was more skin that skin + fat...some crunchy skin would be heaven!



Another place that I can check off my list and make sure to pay a visit again is a dessert bar called Kyotofu.





Emily's Signature sweet tofu, she prefer the chinese kind better and didn't knew we had sweet tofu or something, but still it's all good.



I got the Chef's Selection of 3 items: It came out to be matcha green tea creme brulee (which I was hoping they gave me that!), a Vegan Valrhona Chocolate Cake with peanut brittle, coconut sorbet, soymilk caramel, and a mini signature sweet tofu.

I loved the green tea creme brulee, it gave a nice crack, and it was all green inside! hehe...there was a green matcha flavor and just a nice and not too sweet dessert. The vegan chocolate cake was a chocolate lover's dream. Very rich and creamy that little cake was just right for me, I don't think I would have been able to handle the full size!





our bill in a box and some more sweet treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment