Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Sugar Bowl and Accent (Edmonton)

Had breakfast/lunch Tuesday afternoon with Raeanna, and we headed to the Sugar Bowl. It was the entire opposite atmosphere when we visited last time. In the morning/early afternoon the area was quaint, quiet and a chill area.

Lunch: SugarBowl Corn Bread Benny ($12)

The Corn bread was great, sweet and with real bits of corn! Along with the poach egg and the sauce it was just a great bite. Though I didn't care much for the back bacon. The potatoes was bite size with a great crunch although a bit on the salty side. And I can eat a lot of salt! It was a filler dish though, and both sweet and savory meal for lunch.


************************************************************************************

Tonight I headed to Whyte Ave with Silu and I wanted to try a new place I never been. So we headed to Accent just beside Chili's. The area was a bit bare since we there at 5:00 pm and that's a tad early for dinner, but it was also very relaxing, quiet, and cool place to hang.


Tenderloin Sandwich ($16)

I had a Beef tenderloin with a slice of warm goat cheese on open-face ciabatta with pan-fried bacon in a garlic cream sauce with salad and roasted potatoes on the side. It was a filling plate and I took my time. Everything on its own was good, and well seasoned.

Sundried Tomato Chicken Breast ($21)

Silu's sundried tomato chicken breast was served with seasonal vegetables and side of pasta. Her chicken was so good and tender I wanted more....hahah....and the sundried tomatoes was amazing good...HAHA. Usually when I read that on anything I think of dry. Her vegetables look colorful and big and her zucchini was carved nicely too bad I didn't take a picture.

SugarBowl
10922 88 Avenue Northwest
Edmonton, AB T6G 0Z1
(780) 433-8369

Accent
8223 104 Street Northwest
Edmonton, AB T6E 4E7
(780) 431-0179

No comments:

Post a Comment